MAKEUP FOR SUMMER
Seeing as it's now officially spring and the weather is warming up, I
thought I'd share with you my favourite products to use during the warmer
months.
Face
Summertime is when it's time to ditch the foundation and opt for a lighter
coverage. If you continue to use a heavy foundation in hotter weather
you'll soon find that it simply slides off. So instead, I prefer to use a tinted
moisturiser, or something very similar like a blemish balm, which is
what I am currently using. I really recommend Garnier's BB cream
because it gives a higher coverage compared to normal tinted
moisturisers, yet still feels light on the skin! If you have problem areas, you
can always go over them using concealer, altough once again nothing too
heavy, and avoid using products which claim to be 'long lasting' as
these are often too heavy for the skin and can end up clogging pores. Remember
to set your makeup with powder like Rimmel
Londons Stay Matte to keep your face shine free throughout the day.
In the summer months it's all about having that bronzey glow! Most people look a lot healthier with a little glow, but to avoid looking orange you need to pick a good product and understand how to apply it. My personal favourite is Rimmel London's Natural Bronzer, which gives just the right amount of colour. It's important to remember how to apply bronzer correctly otherwise you can quickly end up looking orange rather than tanned. Bronzer is applied to the top of the cheekbones blending up to the temples, not under them, which is a common mistake people make. It can also be applied down the bridge of the nose and top of the forehead, where sunlight naturally hits your face. Remember to begin by applying just a little amount of product, as you can always build up more colour later on.
Lips
During summer you don't want to be wearing a thick high maintenance
lipstick or a sticky lipgloss, so I recommend choosing a simple lip balm
to give you a little shine whilst looking natural and fuss free. My favourite
lip balms to use are any of the ones from the Body Shop which smell
amazing and leave your lips super smooth. Alternatively, if you want to add a
little colour to your lips choose a lip tint which gives subtle colour
and can then double up as a blush. If you want a really cheap, pretty lip tint
I recommend 2 true lip n cheek tint.
Eyes
Finally, to get pretty eyes I suggest you ditch the eyeshadow which will
simply melt off in hot weather, and stick to just mascara to open up
your eyes. My current favourite is Maybelline's
Cat Eyes mascara, which seperates and defines your lashes
really well with no clumps!
No comments:
Post a Comment